Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Patience

I keep looking at the canoe sitting in my yard and wishing I could just toss it on the car and put it in somewhere and go for a nice paddle. I've got months to go yet, so I guess some patience is in order.

Abbey was such a patient animal, it amazed me really. I learned a lot about patience from her and because of her too.

Our canoe rides together in the last 3 years have been turned out to be some of the most bonding times for my little pack. You have to really trust each other, and when you do and it happens to be sliding silently along a river, well all the better. It made us stronger in ways that I am only fully realising as I write this.

Abbey would watch intently as we paddled along. She would alert us to the frogs who were hanging out on warm rocks until we came along and then *splash* and away they would go.

"Did you see that mama?" She'd ask with her eyes.

"Yes, I did see that frog Abbey, thank you"

The last few weeks have been a huge lesson in patience and trust. I still look to Abbey and our times together for the inspiration I need to get through.

Not long now, just over a week...



No comments: