Comments (hint, hint) are really cool. Don't worry about the getting approved thing, I do that to keep spammers away.
I've gotten some really great comments from the bad buddha and I thought I'd reprint them as a couple of entries so they don't get missed.
There are many different types of love. Lots would argue that the parent/child bond is the strongest love of all. Some will say it is the love we feel for the one we choose to spend our lives with. And there are many, just like me, who think you are missing out on a special type of love if you've never given your heart to an animal to break. There's no reward without taking the risk, you see.
Dog Ten Commandments My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years.Any separation from you will painful for me.
Give me time to understand what you want of me.
Place your trust in me- it's crucial to my well-being.
Don't be angry at me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends.I have only you.
Talk to me sometimes.Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
Remember before you hit me, that l have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand but that I choose not to bite you
Before you scold me for being uncooperative obstinate or lazy,ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food or I've been out in the sun too long or my heart is getting old and weak.
Take care of me when I get old; you too, will grow old.
Go with me on difficult journeys.Never say, "I can't bear to watch it." or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.
I think that before anyone gets a dog they should read though these and be willing to accept it all before they proceed. It is no light commitment, or at least it shouldn't be.
The last one is perhaps the most important. They depend on us to do right by them and part of that always means saying goodbye.
I only said goodbye to my sweet Abbey just over 3 months ago. She taught me how to be a good and stable guide for Alice as she grows from pup to adult. I now know that I can do what at one time seemed impossible and get through it to love again. Big risk sure, but oh the reward!




7 comments:
Hey Fiend. I'm sorry i haven't been commenting lately. Something has crawled into my lungs and i think i might be dying. There's much phlegm. It is not teh fun. *gasp, wheeze* All night i hork up... stuff. It's making me sad. And tired. :(
Those dog commandments, however, were beautiful. True wisdom. and good words to live by no matter who you choose to love, and no matter how long their lives are with you. I am glad you took another risk with Alice. And i know the rewards shall be great. :)
I miss you. When i am capable of speech without coughing til i black out, we shall have a talk. And if i *do* die, there are always ouija boards so you can hit me up, yo. *cough*
xoxoxo
:) It's quite obvious Abbey was a very happy dog and content as well. Saying goodbye is never easy, I applaud you on keeping your heart open as you accepted Alice into your life. I think Abbey would approve.
Lovely pics....Alice is sure growing fast....my kids and I are following her progress.
I'd love for them to meet Alice this summer....we should make a date to get a few of the Kingstec gang together for a visit...and even if this doesn't happen, we'd love to connect.
Hope all is well!
grannymelissa - :( I am sad that you are so sick. Alice and I send you lots of love and she sends you special get well soon puppy kisses - they are magick after all.
((hug)) hang in their fiend!!
the bad buddha - I think Abbey would approve too :) One of the last things I asked her was to send me just the right pup and she did. What a good girl, I miss her so much.
theresa - That sounds like fun! Alice will be really big by the summer and she loves kids. By then her piranha teeth will be gone too which will make her much safer to be around :)
Keep me posted on when you think you'll be getting this way.
Thanks for the commandments. They are so true.
Post a Comment