Alice turned 11 weeks old yesterday and weighs 23 pounds! She is well and truly a woods dog now and can easily go on 2 hour hikes. She is learning to catch and is doing really well with coming when she's called. True to her Lab nature she LOVES water with a passion that I understand being a water baby myself.
Last night Alice got very sick and scared her pack. It's not been 3 months yet since we lost Abbey and those wounds are still fresh. Holding Alice as she quite lifelessly laid in my arms was very difficult, but we made it through. Being a puppy she got into something it seems and it made her pretty sick. The pain and fear from being awoken out of a deep sleep by retching manifested itself as an uncontrollable shaking throughout her little body. She looked like she had Parkinson's disease or something.
A call to our vet and my Husband was in the car going to a store to get some Pepto Bismol. Alice laid in my arms and slept and I found myself gently rocking her. Where did all this love come from so quickly?
Her stomach/intestines were very irritated and the pepto and some slippery elm bark did the trick. Next thing I knew she was biting my forehead and instead of being bothered by that I was happy, my girl was back. By the time we were ready for bed she was ready to slay dragons once again.
She has my world spinning quickly these days, sometimes it spins more then I'd like but she leaves me no choice and so forward we go. She forces me to push harder and dig deeper which is a pain in the ass, but a good thing too. I need that push forward sometimes. I'll be 39 a week from today after all!! (I have no idea how that happened either so I just laugh about it all because what else is there to do!)
Okay, enough navel gazing, here's the cute pictures :)
This is what 10 weeks 3 days looks like. 



The History of breed specific legislation in Nova Scotia
-
Nova Scotian's pride themselves for being free thinkers - we like to think
that we are generally kind, accepting of everyone and welcoming of anyone
who wa...
7 years ago

6 comments:
Oh, i'm so glad she's o.k.! That must have been so scary. Here's a hug, my fiend: *hug*. I know your life is probably really busy these day with your being a new mom, but i absolutely will be calling you on the 11th, k? I miss talking to you!
It's amazing and almost frightening how fast Alice is growing! She looks so strong and sturdy already, i can't imagine how mighty and macho she's gonna be when fully grown! And she has the neatest face - there's some kind of inherant wisdom there - almost like an old soul in a young body. No wonder she's been so easy to train, she's probably Einstein reincarnated! ;) I hope i can meet her in person someday. *kiss for Alice*
grannymelissa - I can't believe how fast she is growing either! She is sleeping as I type this and no doubt she is growing some more.
She scared me but everything is AOK now. She had a big run with Farley yesterday and today is a rainy lazy day. Tomorrow we go visit Dr. Evans (our Vet) so he can tell us how great she is (grin) and then to the big city.
I tell ya, it's quite the busy life for a young pup!
Alice thanks you for the kiss :)
xoxoxo
Ouch, that must have been so scary! Glad she's fine now! What a beauty! I love all the pics of her. Yay Alice!! :)
How funny, I stumbled onto your lab pics on Flickr... and I think our lab puppy is just about the same age as yours! Ours is 11 weeks and 3 days today.
Helen - I'm really glad you are enjoying the pictures! She's a lot of fun :) xoxoxoxo
Christine - Hi, Welcome :)
Cool, our pups are almost the same age! What's your flickr URL? (if you want to share it that is) I'd love to see pictures of your pup.
Post a Comment