Just before I sat down to write this entry I watched as "little Alice" trotted behind my Husband through the path that runs down our property. As has happened more times then I can count since she has come home, my eyes filled with tears. A whole lot of my heart was walking along into the sunset, so full it was that it spilt out onto my cheeks.
Alice is 16 weeks (4 months) today!!!
She is now 36 pounds and has lost 4 of her baby teeth. I will NOT be sad to see those go. 
Last Wednesday I tried putting her collar on and realised that it was at the end of being able to be adjusted to bigger. We were going to a pet store that day anyway so we took Alice in and got her a new "big girl" collar. She wore her little green collar since she was 4 weeks old and now at only 4 months of age I am already putting away her little puppy things. *sniff, sniff*
On Sunday my Husband had a meeting in the city and I decided to tag along so I could take Alice to a Park that allows dogs off leash. We spent 2 1/2 hours walking, exploring and meeting all kinds of other dogs and lots of people too. She had a great time, especially near the end of the walk when she found an 8 month old female Rottweiler to play with. Alice loves dogs who are a lot bigger then her it seems. 
Happy 4 months little Alice! I guess I won't be calling you that much longer though huh? You are getting to be my big girl and I look forward to all of our adventures to come. 
The History of breed specific legislation in Nova Scotia
-
Nova Scotian's pride themselves for being free thinkers - we like to think
that we are generally kind, accepting of everyone and welcoming of anyone
who wa...
7 years ago

2 comments:
OmyGOSH! She's so big! Wow.
You're gonna end up with a "Clifford" maybe?
"When she sits around the house, she sits *AROUND* the house!" *ba-dum-ching!*
She's growing into a beautiful lady. :)
grannymelissa - It is shocking really, how fast she is growing. Everywhere we go people say, "She's gonna be a BIG dog!"
I love big dogs :)
xoxo
Post a Comment