
Alice is now well and truly a woods dog! Today's romp lasted 2 1/2 hours and she had the time of her life. She found her 3rd rabbit remains and decided to try a small bite. She's a proud little carnivore!
I've been working with her a lot around water. Put quite plainly she loves it, which is no surprise if you know anything about the breed. Last week she actually jumped in the tub while my Husband was having a shower. There she stood, mouth wide open and head tilted all the way back as she tried to catch each drop as it rained down on her.
mmmmmmmm, is that wet dog I smell? I remember that smell...
So I've been working hard to establish respect around the water. When she gets close to the brook I sit her down and we have a talk about it all. Today she got close to the bank and then sat down without even being told to.
"Good girl," I congratulated.
Days like this as I make my way through the mossy forests I feel like I've been given a second chance. Each step that Alice and I take together into something old but something new reignites another little piece of my heart.
Rest up little Lab, more adventures tomorrow!
When people of the world
Look for this path amid the clouds,
It vanishes,
Without a trace.
The high peaks
Have many precipices;
On the widest gulleys
Hardly a gleam falls.
Green walls close
Behind and before;
White clouds gather
East and west.
Do you want to know
Where the cloud-path lies?
The cloud-path leads from sky to sky.
- Han Shan

No comments:
Post a Comment