Thursday, August 14, 2008

Eight - Jump on in, the water's fine

On Sunday Alice Moon Dance turned 8 months old and weighed in at 65 pounds!

8 months old in the 8th month of the year 2008. She was born on the 17th and 1+7=8 not to mention that it has been 8 months since we let Abbey go. That's a lot of eights huh?

In the last couple of weeks Alice seems to have hit her stride. She doesn't nap as much and her energy level is up. She is all muscle and moves so fast that sometimes all I can do is stand there and watch is amazement. She is also finding her voice a bit more and when she barks it is deep and loud.



She is showing her destructive Lab side when it comes to some of her toys. Her strong jaws and sharp teeth are making quick work of some of her older toys so I have been slowly replacing them with something better. They are called Tuffy's and so far I have this one and this one. They are holding up to everything she and Farley can do to them. I love that they float.




Alice spent her 8th month Annibirthary exploring a new park. I promised her a great adventure for her special day and by the look of this next photo I guess I can safely say that I delivered. (don't forget, you can click any photo to make bigger and then use your browsers back button to return here)

Jump right on in sweet Alice, the water is fine!





4 comments:

Helen said...

Yay Alice!! I particularly love the last shot of her jumping in!! XOXO to everyone, human and doggy... :)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos! I sent the link about the Tuffy toys to my parents in PEI who have a yellow lab named Tuffy! How appropriate! Alice looks like a bona fide Lab in the water! They sure do love it don't they!

Take care
Debbie

Alice's Mama said...

Helen - *waves* Hey girl, I hope you had a good birthday.

Alice sure loves the water. She'll shove her whole head under sometimes too, heh.

xoxoxoxo

Alice's Mama said...

Debbie,

Labs are the best huh? (though I think we might be a bit biased, heh)

Alice loves the water, especially muddy water. She taught her friend Farley, and now the 2 of them love to run as fast as they can through huge mud puddles and water filled ditches. Crazy dogs :) (I wouldn't have it any other way)

Thanks for sending the link to your parents. I hope they made out okay after TS Hanna. My Husband is in PEI for some work this week and his rental van died on a flooded street in Charlottetown on Sunday! We didn't get anything from it here. In fact, it is windier today then it was Sunday!

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be updating again soon. Been a bit lax with it lately :)