Thursday, July 31, 2008

She's all about the H2O

Thought I'd pop in and update before July 2008 is just a memory!

Alice is all about the water these days, especially with how hot it has been. Within an hour of getting up Alice and I are on the road and taking in our first adventure of the day. Our morning walks are about an hour long and always involve the water. She's quite the rock jumper too! I am amazed and in awe of her abilities.

She's 7 1/2 months today and as I write this she playing with a set of deer antlers that my father-in-law gave her. I've been taking a thick elastic (like the kind on lobster claws) and wrapping it around the antlers so she can carry them by the elastic. You wouldn't believe how much fun one pup can have with an elastic and a set of antlers!! She tosses them up in the air and she runs with them and sometimes, like now, she hides with them behind the big chair in the living room and gives them merry old hell. Crazy dog, I love her!





Those 2 pictures were taken at Long Lake. Isn't it something how she's sitting down in the water like that? There are 2 dogs swimming on the other side of the lake and I've taught Alice to sit when she comes up on new dogs and here she is taking it to a whole new level. She stayed like this for a good couple of minutes. Good thing I have a camera growing out of my hand to capture moments like these!

Oh, and one other thing I should mention before I forget. Alice now loves to take big leaps off rocks and cannonball into the river. One time I was in the water and she leapt right over my head and landed a few feet away with a mighty splash! I laughed really hard. I've always wanted a dog that would do that and now here she is. (thanks Abbey Mama still misses you every single day)

Onto August little Alice! I can't wait to share more adventures with you as we come into your 8th month. What a great dog you are.



1 comment:

Helen said...

Let's see a pic of these Alice with her antlers!! Love you!! XO