Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Haz a Pinecone!

It has been way too long since an update!

I've been sick though and by the end of the day the thought of sitting down to write something seemed like more then I wanted to attempt. I'm finally feeling better though.

Alice is doing great!! She's got less then a week to go of being in her 4th month and then it is onto month 5!! I can hardly believe it.




I try and fill each day with lots for Alice to do. We've been training her to come by whistle as well as verbal commands and that has been going well. I hide around the yard and whistle and she always comes and finds me really quickly. She'll come to the whistle when we walk in the woods too which has been really useful. She's one smart cookie!




One of the many great things about having Alice in my life is that the sound of running water has become a daily soundtrack in my life. She is either in/by a brook, stream, lake or the ocean every single day and it makes me happy to watch her world open up more and more. She is a spectacular jumper and going from rock to rock along a brook or by the ocean is way up on her list of fun things to do.




The thing at the top of her list though is playing with Farley, her BDF. (Best Doggie Friend) They run and bite and play and roll and run and bite and bite and roll and, well, you get the picture. No matter how much I play and run with Alice I can't do what Farley does for her, both physically and mentally. Oh, and she sleeps so well after a play with him which makes me very happy, heh.

So, on Monday she'll be 5 months old and as of this entry weighs 45 pounds. She has lost almost all of her puppy teeth and her adult teeth are coming in fast and furious. I can't imagine how much that must hurt and I am very proud of how calm she's remained in light of all that is happening around her. Abbey sent me one hell of a dog :) Now, let's hope that her cuteness gets us a good deal on a car!



4 comments:

The Bad Buddha said...

That is one contented pup! Congrats, she's beautiful.

grannymelissa said...

She is *really* growing into one handsome lady. She has such a queenly carriage - a certain dignity about her looks.

Except when she's sleeping, that is. I often wonder when i see her like that, if she sleeps deeply enough to not wake if one were to, say, dress her in underpants and shoes and then take a picture? Not that i nor anyone i know would do such a thing. ;)

xoxoxo

Alice's Mama said...

the bad buddha - Thanks! I really want to do right by her :)

Alice's Mama said...

grannymelissa - I would *never* do such a thing, never!!

heh

Someone told me the other day that dogs sleep on their backs to help cool down and that makes sense really. One things for sure, it's damned cute :) xoxo