Thursday, February 14, 2008

Won't You be My Valentine?

Time for an Alice update!

She's growing like a bad weed, a very cute bad weed mind you, which saves her when she's gnawing on my "insert whatever body part she can fit into her piranha mouth."

In the 6 days that we've had her she's learned to sit on command, get up the 14 stairs to our bedroom (mama was up there, you see, and she wasn't. Climb stairs, problem solved!) ask to go out some of the time, switch to a RAW diet, went visiting, met 4 dogs, went to the big city, watched Coronation Street and Bugs Bunny, drank from a mud puddle, chased leaves and killed any rogue tree branches that got in her way. Today we are going on our first "big" walk.

So, I'm pleased to present Alice's Adventures - Volume II. Get a good look at what one sweet little (15 pounds at 8 weeks, not so little) Yellow Lab has been up to!

Happy Valentines Day! Labs are love xo





4 comments:

grannymelissa said...

Oh Fiend, i got tears in my eyes looking at you holding sleepy Alice! You just looked so content and full and happy and *hopeful*. Like she made the future feel so much brighter for you and your family. Like you could see great, exciting things and wonderful experiences right in front of you. It's like you were *shining* with joy. And it is so good to see that look of complete peace in your smile once again.

I think for a while now, there was always just a hint of sadness and worry in your face. That seems to be gone now. Alice's arrival in your world seems to have "youthened" you, and brought new life to everyone, and my heart is full of joy *for* you. :)

xoxoxo *hug for Alice*

Alice's Mama said...

grannymelissa - She has made a real difference. I still get very sad about Abbey, but I am okay now in a way that I wasn't before.

Even when she's biting me I am happier :) Well, most times hahaha

Anonymous said...

Wonderful video, really a great looking pup.
Gary

Alice's Mama said...

Gary - Hey there, thanks for stopping by! I really enjoyed making the video :)